Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Savior Lives

In my heart, I know my Savior lives. I can hear Him calling tenderly my name. Over sin and death He has prevailed, in His new life we partake.- Song of Mary Magdalene

When I was asked to be a sharer in one of the talks of the Christian Life Program (CLP) of Singles for Christ, I instantly said yes because I knew it was God who wanted me to do it. Sunday came but I was feeling really sick. I still attended the CLP and did my task to show others how powerful God is.

Days passed after the sharing then I was hospitalized. I had swollen feet as well as urinary tract infection. During my first night in the hospital, I was very worried because of financial concerns regarding my hospitalization. So I closed my eyes, prayed, and I sang to my God "Everything I do, I do it for You". I asked God to take care of everything. When I opened my eyes, I felt better.

Friends from Singles for Christ visited me in the hospital. They never fail to make me feel special. They are always at my side in times of need. They never left me. I’ll forever be thankful to God because He gave me these "angels" in my life. Life is indeed hard, but when we start to make time for others it's when true happiness sparks.


Truly, God is alive. He gave me everything I needed, especially in connection to my health. He gave me the best family and friends to share life with through good and bad times. Most of all, He blessed me with a community that truly accepts me for who I am. It is my life, inspiration and the reason why I am in this world. I realized, this is truly a wonderful world because my God is truly alive in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment